Unlike other social media apps, Snapchat’s interesting approach shifts focus away from impressions, likes, and story views.
Instead, Snapchat has a combined score for every action, known as a Snapchat score or snap score. How is snap score calculated?
The Snapchat Score is a numerical representation of a user’s activity and engagement within the platform.
While Snapchat keeps the exact details of its scoring algorithm under wraps, we can provide some insights into how is Snap Score calculated based on available information.
Also, if you experience the err_connection_reset error while accessing Snapchat, do not worry; visit our article and get the solution.
So, without further ado, let’s dig in to learn about how is Snap score calculated with Hackzon.
What is Snapchat Score?
Snapchat Score is a number displayed on your profile, reflecting your overall platform activity. It’s visible to both you and your friends.
The higher your Snapchat Score, the more active you’ve been on the app.
While it doesn’t serve any practical purpose beyond gamification and encouraging engagement, some users take pride in increasing their scores.
The Snap score is decided by a “super secret special equation that integrates the number of Snaps you have sent to your friends and received from them, the Stories you’ve posted, and a few other factors,” according to Snapchat on its website.
How to See Your Friend’s Snap Score?
Your Snapchat Score typically appears on your profile, and you can view it by following these steps:
- Open Snapchat on your device.
- Tap your Bitmoji or profile symbol in the top-left corner to access your profile.
- Display your Snapchat Score beneath your Bitmoji and username.
- If you want to see your friend’s snap score, then tap on My Friends.
- Select the icon of any friend whose Snap Score you want to see. You’ll find it below their name and avatar.
How is Snap Score Calculated?
Snapchat has yet to officially disclose the exact formula for calculating the Snapchat Score, so how is Snap Score calculated?
For that, consider several factors are here:
- Sent Snaps: Sending your friends snaps (photos or videos) contributes to your Snapchat Score. The more snaps you send, the higher your score.
- Received Snaps: Receiving snaps also plays a role in your score. Each time you open and view a snap forwarded by a friend, your score increases.
- Stories: Posting a snap to your Snapchat Story can positively impact your score. When your friends view your story, it counts as engagement.
- Chats: Engaging in chats and conversations with friends through text or snaps can contribute to your score.
- Streaks: Maintaining a streak with a friend by sending snaps to each other for consecutive days can positively affect your scores.
- Snap Map Activity: Using Snap Map features, such as sharing your location or checking in at specific places, can contribute to your score.
- Discover Content: Interacting with content from Snapchat Discover partners may also be factored into the scoring algorithm.
- Snapcode Use: Scanning Snapcodes or using Snapcodes to add friends can be considered a form of engagement.
Factors That Don’t Affect Snapchat Score
While many activities contribute to your Snapchat Score, some actions do not affect it.
- Changing your profile picture or Bitmoji.
- Changing your display name.
- Changing your Snapchat account password.
- Viewing someone’s profile or Snap Map location.
- Consider your own story or snaps.
- Opening unopened snaps from friends that were sent more than 30 days ago.
So this is all about how is snap score calculated!
Snapchat doesn’t provide the exact formula for calculating your Snapchat Score; it’s generally influenced by your activity and engagement within the app.
It is a fun way to boost users to stay active and interact with friends, making Snapchat a dynamic and engaging social platform.
So, if you want to increase your snap score, add more friends and stay active on the app.