Wondering ‘Is PeopleWhiz Scam or legit? Let’s find out…
In today’s digital world, when knowledge is just a click away, it’s critical to be cautious while choosing internet services.
PeopleWhiz proudly delivers a slew of tools ranging from background checks to address lookups, all to improve our daily lives and increase security.
Join Hackzon on this enjoyable adventure as we explore whether to be a PeopleWhiz scam or not.
We’ll extensively examine its features, glean insights from user feedback, and delve into the knowledge given in reviews to allow you to make an educated decision.
What is PeopleWhiz?
PeopleWhiz is a user-friendly website designed to help you find information about individuals without falling prey to a PeopleWhiz scam.
First, you provide basic details about the person you’re searching for, like their first and last name, city, and state.
Usually, this basic info is enough for PeopleWhiz to begin the search, but in some cases, you might need to include more details like their middle name and age to narrow it down.
A PeopleWhiz search typically takes two to three minutes; your results are comprehensive.
They include federal, state, and county records and social media profiles.
The information you receive can cover many details, such as email addresses, phone numbers, birth records, known relatives, professional licenses, and court records.
Rest assured, you can trust PeopleWhiz for your information needs without fear of encountering a PeopleWhiz scam.
PeopleWhiz can find records of a person’s interactions with government or private agencies as long as there’s a public record.
While the info they provide is publicly available, they offer the convenience of compiling data from various sources into one report.
They claim to be a top platform for this service but acknowledge that some information might need to be included in their reports.
It is often the case when people share common names, or handwritten records are digitized with errors.
If you need to correct information in their report, you can contact them to address its accuracy.
How Much Does PeopleWhiz Cost?
PeopleWhiz doesn’t immediately reveal its pricing, often leaving users curious whether it’s free or a trial available.
Even checking their FAQ section needs to provide this information. You only discover the cost when you try to conduct your first search.
Here’s the deal: PeopleWhiz is not a free service. Their pricing structure depends on how long you want to use their service.
- Recommended Plan: This costs $27.99 per month and gives you one month of unlimited reports.
- Moderate User Plan: For $22.95 per month, you get three months of unlimited reports.
- Power User Plan: The cost is $14.95 monthly, and you’ll have six months of complete reports.
If you decide not to pick one of these plans, PeopleWhiz offers a trial option: five days of unlimited use for just $1.
After this trial period, your plan will automatically convert to a monthly plan at $29.99.
If you need assistance with billing, have questions, want to report inaccuracies, or wish to cancel your subscription, PeopleWhiz offers several ways to get in touch.
You can find a phone number and email in the Contact Us section on their website.
- For email support, you can reach them at [email protected] from Monday to Friday, and they usually respond within about 24 hours.
- Contact them at (833) 276-9449 if you prefer speaking with a live person.
- If you want your information removed from their database, head to PeopleWhiz.com/optout. You must provide an email address and a photo ID to confirm your identity.
Is PeopleWhiz Scam? Reviews & Complaints
PeopleWhiz, although known for its attention-grabbing ads, has been a subject of scrutiny regarding the ‘PeopleWhiz scam’ rumors, especially those luring individuals into checking on their romantic partners for signs of cheating.
However, this marketing strategy has led to mixed feedback from users.
Many customer complaints fall into two main categories: disappointment with search results and concerns about billing practices.
Users have reported finding inaccurate or damaging information in their search results, often when looking up themselves or someone they know well.
The $1 trial offer has also been frustrating for some users who were surprised by a $29 charge on their credit cards, leading to concerns about a potential PeopleWhiz scam for a month’s worth of reports after the trial.
Furthermore, some customers needed to know that PeopleWhiz plans automatically renew, sometimes at higher rates for longer subscriptions.
Despite these issues, there are positive reviews from customers who found the website helpful in certain situations.
It’s worth noting that PeopleWhiz holds an A+ rating with the BBB. They actively respond to customer complaints, demonstrating their commitment to customer satisfaction.
This is a significant factor when evaluating the potential for a PeopleWhiz scam.
Here are some reviews we got from Trustpilot.
- H Smyth (September 2, 2023): Rating: ★☆☆☆☆ (1 star) The service advertises its ability to discover “everything “you need to know. It can’t even tell if a person is married, divorced, or ever was. That info seems pretty basic. Save your money on this service. DO NOT PURCHASE!
- John Kezlaw (June 23, 2023): Rating: ★☆☆☆☆ (1 star) Discover credit card declined to make payment to this company; checked with them without saying so; they do this with this company most of the time, and must have issues with them. I withdrew my report request.
- Tracie (April 1, 2023): Rating: ★☆☆☆☆ (1 star) “I’m sorry I didn’t look for reviews before making this purchase.” Despite being married for 29 years and previously divorced, I initially looked for my name but discovered no marriage records. Surprisingly, it did not reveal that I have four children. I must acknowledge that this was a terrible waste of money.”
- High Traffic: The website is receiving significant traffic, indicating its popularity and relevance, according to Tranco.
- Positive Reviews: It has mainly garnered positive user reviews, suggesting a satisfying experience.
- Valid SSL Certificate: The SSL certificate is valid, ensuring secure data transmission and protection.
- Established Presence: The website has existed for several years, signifying stability and trustworthiness.
- Safety Endorsements: Various sources, including DNSFilter, Flashstart, Maltiverse, and Trend Micro, consider the website safe and free from malware or phishing.
- Hidden Identity: The website owner conceals their identity using a paid service in WHOIS, which may raise concerns about transparency and accountability.
Is Using PeopleWhiz Illegal?
No, using PeopleWhiz itself is not illegal. The information gathered by PeopleWhiz is publicly available.
However, laws regulate how certain types of information can and cannot be used.
The 1970 Fair Credit and Reporting Act (FCRA) is a crucial law that governs the legal use of consumer information collected by consumer reporting agencies.
This law emphasizes such information’s accuracy, fair use, and privacy.
PeopleWhiz’s disclaimer clearly states that under the FCRA:
“It is against the law to use our service or the information we supply for any purpose that would need FCRA compliance.
It includes but is not limited to, making consumer credit, employment, insurance, or tenant screening choices.
PeopleWhiz is not a consumer reporting agency under the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and we do not offer consumer reports.
Since PeopleWhiz only collects and does not create this data, we cannot fully guarantee its accuracy.”
On their website, PeopleWhiz outlines instances where you should refrain from using their service.
These instances include:
- Employee screening
- Hiring for various positions
- Educational admissions
- Tenant screening
- Extending credit
- Insurance qualification
To assist users in better understanding appropriate reasons for using PeopleWhiz.
The website suggests checking out a possible flatmate, prescreening an online date, and accessing public court records.
Additionally, it can be used for different personal purposes, such as address lookup or checking on a carpool driver for your children.
Following our thorough study of PeopleWhiz’s trustworthiness and authenticity, one critical question remains:
Does PeopleWhiz fall into the scam category or stand as a reputable service? PeopleWhiz emerges as a reliable and trustworthy partner in your quest for information.
It is the perfect resource for various purposes, with an easy user interface, enormous data resources, and uncompromising attention to your security.